The number of customized software solutions to address the specific needs of a business are increasing continuously. Let’s start first to explain what is bespoke software and later will address how this can help the development of your business.
“ Bespoke software is custom or tailor-made software. The value of bespoke software over off-the-shelf software is that it can be designed specifically for key business or legislative objectives. ”
This type of solution helps your business stand out of the crowd by offering a unique and exclusive solution, whether it is retail, real estate, customer service or mobile application. Now that you understand better what we are talking about, we are going to see a few examples of bespoke software:
- SalesForce is a very good example of customer relationship software. This helps business owners to focus more on innovation instead of focusing on infrastructure. Their solutions allow having full control over everything that happens in a company.
- Amazon.com or even eBay are excellent examples of customized software. Instead of using an already made eCommerce template, they built their own bespoke e-commerce platform to reach more buyers and sellers. They look very simple and easy-to-use in order to attract more customers.
- Basecamp is a platform to share and organize all the information that happens within a team or for a specific project. This software helps business owners to keep their projects in check, set up a centralized schedule in order to ensure customers are updated with the progress of a specific project.
- Gmail or Microsoft Outlook, are classical examples of bespoke software since they allow communication between millions of people. Also, they include basic features (send/receive/compose) to make sure their users will still find the software useful.
What benefits building bespoke software has?
Now that we’ve seen what bespoke software is, we will go a bit further and analyze its main advantages:
- Competitive advantage: Developing bespoke software can reduce operation costs and improve business efficiency. It can make a business be in front of competitors by offering unique service/experience.
- Increased Efficiency: Customized software allows businesses to automate and integrate their manual and paper-intensive processes, and improve business profitability.
- Tailored solution: Bespoke software is developed with the goal to satisfy specific business needs, that are difficult to satisfy with ready-made software. Your business will start to operate smoothly without compromising business processes or workflow.
- Increased Return on Investment: A tailored solution is designed to be a perfect fit for your business. Unlike ready-made software, bespoke software creates new efficiencies for a business that wouldn’t be able to implement with ready-made software.
We explained what bespoke software can do for you and what benefits bring to a business. Do you need a customized solution for your organization? Do not hesitate to tell us which is the next solution you aim to develop.